1-1/2 c. water
1/4 c. liquid Castille soap
1/4 c. liquid Vegetable Glycerine
5-10 drops Lemon essential oil
Glass spray bottle (or plastic squeeze-type bottle)
Mix all ingredients together
Pour mixture into a glass bottle
Shake well and apply liberally to spots and stains.
Lightly rub mixture into fabric with your fingertips.
Treat spots immediately and allow to soak before washing.
Sometimes allowing the item to soak overnight before washing.
1 c. Baking Soda
1 c. Salt
1/4 c. Cream of Tartar
Pour 2 cups Hot water into drain
Let set for an hour, then run fresh water.
Spray Starch Recipe
1 Heaping tablespoon corn starch
1 pint cold water
1-2 drops essential oil (optional)
1. Combine the cornstarch and water in a bowl, and stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. (The mixture will be milky in color)
2. Add in a couple of drops of essential oil for fragrance, if desired.
3. Then, transfer to a spray bottle, and use.
1. For best results, shake before each use.
2. A little goes a long way so use sparingly.
Did you know?
* Commercially produced spray starch has formaldehyde!
* Starching clothes actually makes them last longer because dirt and perspiration sticks to the starch and not to the fabric.
Homemade Tub & Tile Cleaner
3/4 c. Baking Soda
1/4 c. Lemon Juice (I use the juice of a fresh lemon)
3 Tablespoons salt (I use Sea Salt)
3 Tablespoons dishwashing liquid (Dawn or Natural)
1/2 c. Vinegar
10 drops essential oil (Optional)
Mix all ingredients together in a in a large bowl. Pour into a plastic container with a lid. You can use a spray bottle, the mixture is thicker, so I tried it with a spray bottle and a mason jar (I found the mason jar works better).
To use: Shake and pour a small amount onto a rag or directly onto the area you are cleaning. Scrub and then rinse with water and we rag.
Homemade Disinfectant All-purpose Spray
1-1/2 Tablespoons Borax
6 Tablespoons Vinegar
4-1/2 C. Hot water (use distilled water)
1/2 teaspoon Liquid Castille Soap (I use Castille Soap w/ Tea Tree Oil-Whole Foods)
A few extra drops of Tea Tree Oil
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher, stirring well
Using a funnel, pour mixture into spray bottles
That’s it so quick and easy! Enjoy!
1 c. Water
1 c. Vinegar
1 c. alcohol
2-3 drops dish soap (Castille, Dawn, etc)
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops orange essential oil
3 drops tea tree essential oil
Fine-mist spray bottle – 24oz.
1. Add all ingredients to spray bottle and shake to combine
2. Sweep/vacuum the floor
3. Spray cleanner on the floor (or other surface)
4. Wipe up with a microfiber cloth.
* As with all cleaners, do a spot test to make sure this will work on your floors.
* For a mop and bucket version, try this: For a gallon of water, you could try 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/3 cup of alcohol, plus a few drops of dish soap.
Many of us who do laundry always wonder how we can clean our washers effectively. Manufacturers say to clean your washer once a month. I have a very easy way and takes hardly any time to clean your washer.
What you will need:
2 c. Bleach (not scented)
2 c. White Vinegar
1. Set your washer on the hottest water and largest load settings. As washer is filling pour the 2 cups Bleach into the water to mix. Let washer run it’s cycle stopping it at the rinse cycle. Let set for 1 hr. After 1 hr. let washer go through the rinse cycle.
2. Go through the same procedure in #1 but this time add the 2 cups of White Vinegar. During the 1 hr. sitting time take the microfiber cloth and use the Vinegar water mixture in washer to wipe off the outside of washer, the inside lid and around the inside edges.
3. When #1 and #2 are completed take another dry microfiber cloth and wipe the inside of washer tub. You’ll be amazed at how fresh, not only your washer but your laundry room will smell.