1 pork butt/pork shoulder roast
salt, pepper, adobo and Ancho chile seasoning
1 one onion chopped (optional)
2 cans Dr Pepper
3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce (or to taste)
Buns & coleslaw for serving
1. Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper, adobo and ancho chile seasonings.
2. Pour the Dr Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
3. The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
4. Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook and additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
5. Serve on crusty rolls with coleslaw or old-fashioned hamburger buns.