Most people assume it’s hard to make your own noodles. If you are one of those people, please try mixing these up really quickly and find out how EASY they are to make!
2-1/3 c. Whole Wheat Flour (or freshly ground flour)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 Beaten Eggs
1/3 c. water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl and make a little ‘pit’ in the middle
2. Beat your eggs in a separate bowl, then pour them into the flour mixture. Add the water (or buttermilk) and olive oil. Stir well until ingredients are combined.
3. Dump out onto a floured surface and knead it a little bit to get the ingredients combined well.
4. Make sure your surface has a LOT of flour all over it so that your noodles won’t stick when you roll out the dough. Sticky noodles are not fun.
5. Use a well floured rolling pin and roll and roll and roll until your noodle dough is almost hanging off the side of your counter top. Or at least until it is very thin, about 1/8 inch in thickness. You may need to keep tossing some flour under the dough as you roll to keep it from sticking.
6. I use a pizza cutter to long strips in my noodle dough. Cut your noodles any length you want.
7. Once you’ve cut your noodles you can either use them right away, or you can let them dry so that you can store them and have them ready for when you need them.
You can use a dehydrator to dry the noodles, but I just leave them on the counter top to dry. (Dry them for 24 hrs) You may also need to turn the noodles over after a few hours so that the under side can dry.
Once noodles are completely dry, store them in an air tight container in your pantry. They will stay good for up to a month. They can also be frozen…just let them thaw a little before you cook them.