1 c. Rolled Oats 2 teaspoons Beef Bouillon granules
1/3 c. margarine 1/2 c. Milk
1 c. Boiling Water 1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 c. cornmeal 1 Egg, beaten
2 teaspoons White Sugar 3 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), in a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and billing water. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in more flour as necessary until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2″ thick. Cut with cookie cutter, and place 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving. Store in a loosely covered container.
* You can change the flavor of these by substituting chicken bouillon for the beef.